Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/5/16 8:19 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Jim Nasby (Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com) wrote:
>> Which doesn't help anyone, because neither of those provide a list
>> of "hey, here's stuff you could do to contribute". The closest we
>> come to that is the TODO, which isn't well known and has almost no
>> items for newbies (and the newbie items that are there don't offer
>> much advice).
>
> Agreed.  I've not given up on the bugs.p.o project, but I've gotten
> wrapped up in migrating the buildfarm server on to our infrastructure.
> Hopefully that will be completed as early as this week and I'll be able
> to refocus my infra time to finishing bugs.p.o.

FWIW, I think that's a great example of why we'd be much better off with
a focus on expanding the community beyond code contributors. There's a
couple hundred people on the whole planet with your skill at expanding
Postgres itself and probably millions of people that could work on
infrastructure. Not a great allocation of resources... ;)