Re: to_timestamp alternatives - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: to_timestamp alternatives
Date
List pgsql-general
eitherby just blindly dividing longitude by 15 or using actual timezone shape polygons and @> or <@.
> That would be a bad idea for global data, since not all time zones are full hours apart, or have the same (if any)
DSTchange-over dates. For example, India is currently at UTC+05:30, probably because they wrapped the entire country in
thesame TZ after their independence.

The original desire was to ignore DST, hence my suggestion. Normally
you'd want to figure out the correct TZ for the lat/long.