Re: Column qualifier issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Column qualifier issue
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jim Wilson" <jimw@kelcomaine.com> writes:
> As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to get postgresql to accept column
> qualifiers (e.g. tablenames).  A 'parse error at or near "."' gets returned.

You're either very confused or using a *very* old version of Postgres.

What version is it, what query are you issuing exactly, and what exactly
is the error message?  (Cut-and-paste from a psql session would be the
best way to answer the last two ... or if the query is being issued from
another application, you could turn on query logging and send in an
excerpt from the postmaster log.)

            regards, tom lane