Re: Spam on the wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Spam on the wiki
Date
List pgsql-www
On 12/16/2015 07:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>>> we are currently working on reverting the entire wiki back to a state
>>> before the attack from system backups because it does not seem sensible
>>> to try to revert this in piece meal style.
>
>> we have now restored a backup from ~2015-12-15 05:00:37 UTC (later
>> backups already had spam traces in it) - th wiki is live again, user
>> account signup for the entire community account system is still disabled
>> until we have a better plan to deal with this crap.
>
> "Recent changes" log says there's still at least one active spammer
> account.

yeah thanks for letting us know - the problem is that it looks like the
spammers have pre-created (but not "used" until very recently) a lot of
accounts in the community account system over the last few days (if not
for much longer) and it is not really obvious which ones are "bad" and
which ones are not - we keep working on it :(

Stefan