Re: Connection by user with restricted access to pg_database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Nikolai Zhubr
Subject Re: Connection by user with restricted access to pg_database
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,
16.12.2015 16:37, Guillaume Lelarge:
[...]
> Would be quite difficult. And I completely dislike the idea.
>
> If you only need the SQL editor, you can already do this by launching
> PgAdmin directly with the SQL tool.

I'm not sure what you mean by "directly with the SQL tool"?
Anyway. It could be usefull not only for just typing SQL.
Even when access is essentially restricted to some specific database,
the navigation panel could still be usefull to show objects within that
specific database and fetch their properties etc. This is done through
pg_catalog so it should work fine I suppose? I actually can't see what's
so wrong with this setup (other than someone would obviously have to
spend some time and effort to develop patches) In fact, that is exactly
the usage pattern I have with pgadmin most of the time: connect to a
specific database and _stay_ _within_ that database.

Regards,
Nikolai