Re: Multi-master replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitry Mordovin
Subject Re: Multi-master replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Just word of month,

Thank you Simon for detailed explanation current status of BDR and PostgreSQL.

BR, Dmitry

On 12/14/2015 09:31 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
On 14 December 2015 at 15:55, Dmitry Mordovin <d.mordovin@dwide.com> wrote:
Hello All!

As I heard, PostgreSQL 9.5 has built in Bi-Direction replication (or need install BDR module?).

PostgreSQL 9.5 does not yet have the full code required for Bi-Directional replication. How did you hear that? Was that word of mouth, or is that written down anywhere so we can correct it?

I wants to play with multi-master, asynchronous replication on two servers PostgreSQL 9.5 beta 2.

BDR does exist as production quality software. http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/index.html
BDR 0.93 is compatible with PostgreSQL 9.4.
Binary versions are available.

Later versions of BDR will be compatible with later versions of PostgreSQL, until the features are fully merged. The full project has taken 4 years so far and we expect it to take another 2 years at least.

I'll write a blog about this because there is clearly some confusion around this.

In official docs very small information about how to configure servers.

Could anyone direct me in right way?

If anyone would like to contribute better documentation, they are very welcome to do so.