Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands
Date
Re: Loggingt psql meta-commands  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/2015 2:03 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> So some aspect of this:
>
> https://www.stigviewer.com/stig/database_security_requirements_guide/

thats a rather insane bunch of requirements.   Reads like a wish list by
academic security researchers.

for instance
https://www.stigviewer.com/stig/database_security_requirements_guide/2015-06-23/finding/V-58123

??!?   The database server has no clue about the difference between an
"application that it supports" and a user directly querying.  The PSQL
shell, or dbadmin, is an 'application that it supports'.

at this point, speaking purely as a interested outsider (I am in no way
representing hte PG Development Group), I'd guess PostgreSQL probably
doesn't meet 2/3rds of those 'findings'.   I truly wonder if any
standard RDBMS supports all or even most of them?!?