replication_slots usability issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject replication_slots usability issue
Date
Re: replication_slots usability issue  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

-Hackers,

Working on 9.6 today (unsure if fixed in newer versions). Had an issue where the wal was 280G despite max_wal_size being 8G. Found out there were stale replication slots from a recent base backup. I went to drop the replication slots and found that since the wal_level was set to minimal vs replica or higher, I couldn't drop the replication slot. Clearly that makes sense for creating a replication slot but it seems like an artificial limitation for dropping them.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****