Re: Remaining 9.5 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Remaining 9.5 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/12/04 11:51, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 11:05:47AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> * Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
>>>
>>> Is this fixed by 5fc4c26db?  If not, what remains to do?

>> Unfortunately, no.  That commit allows FDWs to do proper EPQ handling
>> for plain table scans, but it proves to be inadequate for EPQ handling
>> for joins. Solving that problem will require another patch, and,
>> modulo a bunch of cosmetic issues, I'm reasonably happy with KaiGai
>> Kohei's latest submission.  I'll respond in more detail on that
>> thread, but the question I want to raise here is: do we want to
>> back-patch those changes to 9.5 at this late date?

> Yes.  If 9.5 added a bad interface, better to fix the interface even now than
> to live with the bad one.

I'd vote for fixing this.

I think the latest version of the patch for this is in good shape, but
that would need some changes as proposed on that thread.  So, if there
are no objections, I'll update the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita