Re: [GENERAL] Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/15/2017 11:25 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 4/15/2017 10:49 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>
>> Probably going to involve dealing with ldconfig.
>>
>> Look in /etc/ld.so.conf and see if the directory that contains
>> libproj.so.12 is in there?
>
> the catch-22 is, /etc/ld.so.conf is a global thing, and this guy is
> building all his stuff to run under his /home/username/.... (where, btw,
> selinux might get unhappy with you).   instead, if its private stuff
> like that, use LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment of the processes that
> need the libraries.   or link with the paths hard coded, eg
> -Wl,-rpath=/home/username/..../lib64 when linking the packages that
> refer to these libraries.

Well when I did my build I also did some of it in my /home directory to
replicate the OP's process to a certain extent. To get everything to run
I symlinked the *.so's into the corresponding global directory covered
by ld.so.config and ran ldconfig. Then all was golden. Before that I got
similar error messages when CREATEing the postgis extension.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com