Re: PG crash on simple query, story continues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maksim Likharev
Subject Re: PG crash on simple query, story continues
Date
List pgsql-general
I would referrer dump that gar.xxg, and put PG on Linux,
but this is not up to me.
Thanks for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 3:58 PM
To: Maksim Likharev
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PG crash on simple query, story continues

"Maksim Likharev" <mlikharev@aurigin.com> writes:
>      On failure, strxfrm() returns (size_t)-1.

Not according to the Single Unix Specification, Linux, or HP-UX;
I don't have any others to check.  But anyway, that is not causing
your problem, since palloc(0) would complain not dump core.

> I am on SunOS 5.8,

Solaris, eh?  IIRC, it was Solaris that we last heard about broken
strxfrm on.  Better check to see if Sun has a fix for this.

            regards, tom lane