Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/11/19 12:34, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I suppose you (and KaiGai-san) are probably right, but I really fail to see
>> it actually doing that.

> Noted, but let's do it that way and move on.  It would be a shame if
> we didn't end up with a working FDW join pushdown system in 9.6
> because of a disagreement on this point.

Another idea would be to consider join pushdown as unsupported for now
when select-for-update is involved in 9.5, as described in [1], and
revisit this issue when adding join pushdown to postgres_fdw in 9.6.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Open_Items