Re: Service not starting on Ubuntu 15.04 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Service not starting on Ubuntu 15.04
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/26/2015 04:21 AM, Lasse Westh-Nielsen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I posted to stackoverflow about my problem upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04
> to Ubuntu 15.04:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33306475/ubuntu-15-04-postgresql-doesnt-start

Pretty sure it is no coincidence that the 14.04 --> 15.04 upgrade
changes the init process from Upstart to systemd. Might want to take a
look at this article:

http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/Ubuntu-15-04-Users-Can-Switch-Off-Systemd-and-Use-Upstart-479373.shtml

and this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SystemdForUpstartUsers

> Tl;dr: postgresql service does not start properly when installed as a
> package using cloud-init.

What does the /var/log/bootstrap.log show?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com