Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amir Rohan
Subject Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/10/2015 04:32 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Amir Rohan wrote:
>> The patch focuses on providing facilities, while providing new coverage
>> for several features. There should be a TODO list on the wiki (bug
>> tracker, actually), where the list of tests to be written can be managed.
>> Some were mentioned in the thread (multi/xid wraparound
>> hot_standby_feedback, max_standby_archive_delay and
>> max_standby_streaming_delay? recovery_target_action? some in your
>> original list?), but threads
>> are precisely where these things get lost in the cracks.
>
> Sure, that's an on-going task.

I was arguing that it's an on-going task that would do
better if it had a TODO list, instead of "ideas for tests"
being scattered across 50-100 messages spanning a year or
more in one thread or another. You may disagree.

Amir