Re: postgres standby won't start - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: postgres standby won't start
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/08/2015 08:27 AM, Ramalingam, Sankarakumar wrote:
> Yes it is and Yes I do have the recovery file.

I would suggest you and the other folks involved take a  look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/warm-standby.html

It will go a long way to explaining what you are seeing and a great deal
more. Once you have read through the above, then feel free to post any
questions that were not answered in the docs.

> Here is the scenario. It looks like the logs are not getting shipped over to the standby. After I dragged the WAL
filesfrom Primary to Standby and restarted, I see some successful recovery messages with the file names mentioned.
Rightnow the standby is now functional as READ ONLY.
> One question would be why logs are not getting shipped to standby even though my log say connection to primary
successful.

> Another question, if I have to make it a standalone DB instead of standby, now that I have the required data in
place,what changes I need to do in Primary as well as here.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com