Re: Try to understand VACUUM and its settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Try to understand VACUUM and its settings
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/5/15 5:00 PM, Michael Chau wrote:
> So, do I need to run vacuum freeze on those tables? Also, if
> autovacuum_freeze_max_age is commented, does it still mean that the
> default is 200M?

Yes, and unless you're running a very high transaction rate you probably
don't need to mess with it. Likewise you normally don't need to
explicitly freeze, though it's not a bad idea to do so after a large
data load. Just make sure that there's no open transactions that were
started before the data load transaction when you run the VACUUM.