Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/25/2015 09:55 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 09/25/2015 09:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 2. There's no visibility for outsiders as to what issues are open or
>> recently fixed.  Not being outsiders, I'm not sure that we are terribly
>> well qualified to describe this problem precisely or identify a good
>> solution --- but I grant that there's a problem there.
>>
>> I do not know how much emphasis the project should place on point #2.
>> By definition, fixing that will not return any direct benefit to us.
>
> I would argue that there is some benefit for us in terms of advocacy. We
> certainly get criticized for our lack of a bug tracker. I don't know of
> anyone who specifically rejected Postgres because of that fact, but
> would not be surprised if has happened.

I don't know if it has happened but I know that they have at least
considered it. I also know that when standing in front of a room full of
PostgreSQL users (Professional developers) and they find out we don't
have a tracker? The only word for the response is: mortified.

JD