Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/24/2015 12:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Are there any objections to pginfra standing up bugs.postgresql.org with
>> debbugs?  Obviously, it'd be more-or-less beta as we play with it, and
>> we could set it up as beta-bugs.p.o, if there's concern about that.
>
> I agree with the idea that we don't yet want to give the impression that
> this is the official bug tracker.  However, "beta-bugs" could give the
> impression that it was specifically for bugs about 9.5beta, without
> dispelling the idea that it is official.  Maybe "bugs-test.p.o"?

I'd suggest instead just having a big banner up in the page header which
says "this system is currently beta and not yet the canonical source for
postgres bug information".  That way, if it does become the canonical
source, we won't go breaking everyone's links when we change the domain
name.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.