Re: pgadmin 1.6 Beta 2 crashes - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
Subject Re: pgadmin 1.6 Beta 2 crashes
Date
pgAdmin 1.6 Beta 2 query crashes on windows  ("George Pavlov" <gpavlov@mynewplace.com>)
List pgadmin-support
I am having problems with beta 2. I am thinking to came back to Beta 1. It crashes on simple queries. It mounts the grid on the botton but no data, after it pgAdmin crashes.

What big modification you did to cause this instability.

Sincerely
Ezequias

2006/10/9, Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>:

From: Dennis, EBAY #1 [mailto:ccweb03@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 October 2006 08:51
To: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin 1.6 Beta 2 crashes

Couple more things after testing (this time I used Windows 2000 Pro SP4)

- dialog window for an constraint creation remembers its position if it's moved/opened/closed. The problem is that if resolution on the monitor is reduced, the dialog window falls out of the resolution range (displayed too much to the right or bottom) and if you open it, you cannot see it and PgAdmin becomes affectively locked. (same issue with other nested dialog windows such as the dialog box for adding a column to a table etc)

I've committed a change to ensure CheckOnScreen() is called during dialogue creation. This should solve the issue.

- user defined types cannot be chosen as a column during creation of a table but domains can?

It was excluding composite types as they are commonly the base types for table rows. I've committed a change to include them, where the pg_class entry is flagged specifically as a composite type and not a row type.

- what's an 'unknown' data type?

Exactly what it sounds like :-). Also now supressed in pgAdmin.

- double clicking on an object opens its property dialog box but the box it not focused by default -> this is somewhat annoying as you cannot close the dialog box by simply clicking escape and at the same time if you do want to use the property box you have to click on it for it to gain focus first

Unfortunately it seems that the treeview control grabs focus back after firing the event that we use to open the dialogue. I'm not sure how we could work around this.

- as a feature, it would be nice to be able hide Aggregates, Conversions, Operators etc as those are rarely used -> a properties box where the user can select which items to show in the schema tree would be nice

Yes, however this will have to wait for the next version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards, Dave.

--
                                  Atenciosamente (Sincerely)