Re: PostGIS breakage on libgdal in Ubuntu - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: PostGIS breakage on libgdal in Ubuntu
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Josh,

sorry, I'm a bit late on this one.

On 08/18/2015 10:30 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Currently apt.postgresql.org ships a postgresql-9.4-postgis-2.1 which
> depends on a libgdal1 which you also ship.  However, this libgdal1 will
> not install on Ubuntu Trusty because it is incompatible with the
> supporting geo libraries it needs.

Maybe this issue has been addressed without me realizing, but: pgapt
currently doesn't ship libgdal for trusty. Do you happen to use a
mismatching repository?

> Is there a reason why the pgdg postgis doesn't just depend on the
> libgdal1h which ships with Ubuntu?

For precise and wheezy, we had to back-port libgdal to work with newer
postgis versions. This shouldn't be necessary on trusty.

Regards

Markus