Re: vacuumdb sentence - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: vacuumdb sentence
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18-09-2015 00:59, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br
> <mailto:euler@timbira.com.br>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > Is there a reason to quote "jobs" at this sentence?
>  >
>  > 190 fprintf(stderr, _("%s: number of parallel \"jobs\" must be at
> least 1\n"),
>  > progname);
>  >
>  > AFAICS "jobs" is neither an identifier nor an option to justify the
> quotation. Also, another message a few lines above (correctly) does not
> use quotes.
>  >

> jobs is an option, refer vacuumdb docs[1].

Yeah, I know. [Too sleepy to be writing emails...] What I want to say
is: when we want to refer to an option, we usually add "option" after
the quoted name (in this case, it won't make sense). I propose to remove
the quotation because the way the sentence is written it seems we are
referring to the task instead of the option.

--    Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento