Re: Attach comments to functions' parameters and return value - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Charles Clavadetscher
Subject Re: Attach comments to functions' parameters and return value
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Àlvaro

On 14/09/2015 20:02, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Jim Nasby wrote:
>> On 9/14/15 8:59 AM, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
>
>>> To long time PostgreSQL developers this may look straightforward. For the
>>> moment I am not even sure if that is correct and if there are other places
>>> that would need additions, apart from the obvious display in psql.
>>
>> I suspect that changes to support this should be pretty localized. I suggest
>> you look at other recent patches that have added COMMENT functionality to
>> see what they did.
>
> This sequence of commits may be helpful.
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/test/regress/sql/object_address.sql;hb=HEAD

Thank you. From the first impression I think that I was not too far away
from a correct procedure ;-) I will take a closer look as soon as I can,
but I am confident that this will help.

Bye
Charles