Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/26/15 8:15 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> +      and then exit. This is useful in shell scripts. Start-up files
> +      ignored with this option.

Sorry if this was discussed and I missed it, but I think this is a bad
idea. There's already an option to control this. More important, there's
no option to force the rc files to be used, so if -g disables them you'd
be stuck with that.

I agree that the rc files are a danger when scripting, but if we want to
do something about that then it needs to be consistent for ALL
non-interactive use.