Re: Materialized Views - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Materialized Views
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 07/23/2015 05:37 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Jean-Marc Guazzo <jmguazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Materialized Views aren't visible when I try to link them with MS Access, MS
>> Excel or LibreOffice Base.
>
> There is the same problem with foreign tables actually.
>
>> I guess that's because the ODBC driver doesn't return this information...
>>
>> Can you tell me whether there will be some adjustement in the next version
>> of the odbc driver regarding the MVs ?
>
> Hard to say... The following patch is not loved enough I am afraid:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqR0apHpiPAi4J2e3oR2jZ8MREyJAzxdWMjrr4h5PsRp4w@mail.gmail.com

Ah, that patch. No-one investigated what e.g. SQL Server returns in the
table type column for materialized views. Or what DB2 returns for
federated tables. While the specification gives us free hands to return
an implementation-specific string, it'd be good to use what the other
DBMS's use.

- Heikki