Re: How to remove non-UTF values from a table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to remove non-UTF values from a table?
Date
Re: How to remove non-UTF values from a table?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-general
"Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie> writes:
> On 16/12/2009 15:01, Richard Broersma wrote:
>> It looks like the future 8.5 release will be able to
>> preform an in-place upgrade on 8.4.

> Really? That would be *wonderful*. I know it's impossible to be
> definitive, but how likely would you say this is?

It's wishful thinking.  We tried to have that for 8.4, and failed: there
are so many constraints on pg_upgrade that it's not a usable mainstream
solution.  So far as I've seen there has been no work done that would
make it any more reliable for 8.5.

            regards, tom lane