Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 29/06/2015 18:11, Ron Gregor wrote:
> 32/64 bit problem - That is what I am trying to find out if there is
> a problem with running the on 32 bit versus 64 bit machines. I did
> not find any place to download a windows 64 bit version.
>
> I created a backup using the PLAIN option (closes to text option
> available) which created a sql file. When I tried to restore this
> file pgadmin gave me an error "input file does not appear to be a
> valid archive".

Yes, sorry - PLAIN is indeed the text option. You can't use it with
pg_restore, though; it needs to be run through psql.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie