Re: Dump/Restore ordering problem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dump/Restore ordering problem?
Date
List pgsql-general
"D. Dante Lorenso" <dante@lorenso.com> writes:
> Is there something I need to do to make the
> dependency ordering work smarter during a dump/restore?

This is fixed in CVS tip's pg_dump.  You could probably get away with
using the development pg_dump with a 7.4 server --- I don't think we've
introduced any incompatibilities yet.  If you're running something older
than 7.4, though, you'll have to keep hacking the dump order.

pg_restore has some options for fixing the order at reload time, which
would be your best bet if the schema is large.

            regards, tom lane