Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/11/2015 05:08 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>> JoshB: Advocacy. There is a strong argument that does not need to be a
>>> core position.
>>>

>> I strongly disagree with this. On the contrary, I think there is a very good
>> argument that FOR such a position in core.
>
> +1.

FYI, what do I mostly for Core is:

a) Press Relations

b) Corporate Relations

Both of those need to be handled by a core team member, because they
often fall under the "confidential contact" portion of Core's duties, or
require nonpublic knowledge of things like security releases.  I agree
that general advocacy can certainly be handled outside core, and should
be -- and, for that matter, is.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.