Re: Strange error related to temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange error related to temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com> writes:
>> Is this xmin quite a bit older than what you get for a freshly-created
>> temp table?

> I would say yes, this is a test system which is highly stressed from
> time to time, but does not get continuous load.

OK, so it seems we have an old pg_type entry that for some reason was
not dropped when the owning table was dropped.  Weird.  As you know,
we've seen one report of this before.

There's probably not much more we can learn at this point --- given
that the entry is old, any other evidence is probably long gone.
I'd suggest just doing a manual DELETE of that pg_type row to get out
of the problem.

And yes, you ought to update that 8.1.0 installation ;-).  But I have
no idea if this problem is related to any solved bugs.

            regards, tom lane