Re: Inserting into table only if the row does not already - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From C. Bensend
Subject Re: Inserting into table only if the row does not already
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Even cron'd scripts can run amok. Lock files are great as a CYA
> measure even if you're relatively certain there will be no opportunity
> for one copy to step on the next.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, of course.  :)

I should be more specific - I'm working on a personal project, and I'm
not going to worry about that right now.  The risk of a cron gone wild
is acceptable to me at this moment.

Right now my priority is getting data flowing into the database instead
of piling up on the host like it is.  :)

Thanks much!

Benny

--
"Even if a man chops off your hand with a sword, you still have two nice,
sharp bones to stick in his eyes."                                                     -- .sig on Slashdot