Re: swap relations to be able to execute a left join - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: swap relations to be able to execute a left join
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:47:19PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Your coworker is depending on a flat-out-incorrect behavior of MySQL.

> Hmm...I get errors in MySQL 5.0.16 with the query as posted so I
> have to wonder what the real query was.

(tries it...)  After removing the bogus comma, MySQL 4.1.14 swallows
the query without complaint, so it would seem that MySQL finally fixed
this bug at 5.0.  I wonder what the OP's coworker will say when he tries
to migrate his code to 5.0 ...

            regards, tom lane