Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Laurent Wandrebeck
Subject Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Le 02/06/2015 01:47, Jeff Frost a écrit :

Sorry for the slow reply, but I’ve been on vacation.

I just cut a branch jf/fix_pgbouncer_varrundir to fix this.

Will probably get that merged the next time we build these.

np Jeff :)
Thanks for the branch.
Another point noticed since PG 9.4.2 and both its /tmp and /var/run sockets.
Shouldn’t pgbouncer definitely switch under postgres user and use /var/run too ?
I’ve had some glitches restarting pgbouncer after 9.4.2 updates.
My config here:
pg and pgbouncer use each other port (pg runs on 6432, pgb on 5432 for some apps not allowing to change port used).
I’ve switched pgbouncer under postgres user and put its socket file into /var/run/postgresql.
That’s imho definitely the simplest way to manage the change to /var/run as indicated in changelog:

* Fri May 22 2015 Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> - 9.4.2-2PGDG
- Create and own /var/run/postgresql directory. Per report from
  Pete Deffendol.

* Wed May 20 2015 Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> - 9.4.2-1PGDG
- Update to 9.4.2, per changes described at:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/release-9-4-2.html
- Add a new patch (Patch5) from Fedora:
  * Configure postmaster to create sockets in both /var/run/postgresql and /tmp;
    the former is now the default place for libpq to contact the postmaster.
- Add tmpfiles.d conf file

If you see any other (better) way to workaround these changes, that’s ok with me, provided it does not mess too much with running configs ;)

Thanks,
--
Laurent