Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

Just my $0.02 on PR: it has never been a PR problem to do multiple
update releases, as long as we could provide a good reason for doing so
(like: fix A is available now and we didn't want to hold it back waiting
for fix B).

It's always a practical question of (a) packaging and (b) deployment.
That is, we can get packager fatigue where some updates don't get
packaged, and we can get user fatigue where they start ignoring updates.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.