Re: Postmaster eating up all my cpu - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Postmaster eating up all my cpu
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

On 05/28/15 13:25, birimblongas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My app was working just fine. A month ago postmaster started to eat all my
> cpu sometimes (not all day, but a lot of times and everyday) and then my app
> gets really slow and sometimes don't even complete the requests.
>
> What could it be?

A lot of things. The first step should be looking at pg_stat_activity,
what is the process eating the CPU doing.

We also need much more information about your system - what PostgreSQL
version are you using, what kind of OS, configuration etc.

regards