Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1821556134 in pg_toast_17881 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1821556134 in pg_toast_17881
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 05/27/2015 12:50 AM, Tory M Blue wrote:
> Greetings and salutations.
>
> I've got some weirdness.
>
> Current:
> Postgres 9.3.4
> Slony 2.2.3
> CentOS 6.5
>
> Prior running Postgres 9.1.2 w/slony 2.1.3 CentOS 6.2
>
> I found that if I tried to run a vacuum full on 1 table that I recently
> reindexed (out of possibly 8 tables) that I get this error:
>
> # vacuum full table.ads;
>
> ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1821556134 in pg_toast_17881
>
> If I run a vacuum analyze it completes fine, but I can't run a vacuum
> full without it throwing an error. I seem to be able to query the table
> and I seem to be able to add data to the table and slony seems fine as
> does postgres.

Is this happening on the Slony master or the replica?

There have been serveral bugs since 9.1.2 which could have caused this
particular error.  Are you certain that this is a recent problem?

Note that this error affects just one compressed value or row, so you're
not losing other data, unless it's a symptom of an ongoing problem.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.