Re: Trying to solve a SocketError [Errno 13] Permission with PL/Python in PostgreSQL 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcos Ortiz
Subject Re: Trying to solve a SocketError [Errno 13] Permission with PL/Python in PostgreSQL 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry for the late response.

On 23/05/15 19:38, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/23/2015 04:16 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:

On 23/05/15 19:09, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/23/2015 03:51 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:

On 23/05/15 18:40, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/23/2015 03:27 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
Regards to all the list.
First all the info about the system:

O.S: CentOS 7 64 bits
PostgreSQL version:

SELECT version();
version

  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
4.8.2 20140120 (Red Hat 4.8.2-16), 64-bit
(1 row)

Neo4j version: 2.1.M
Py2neo version: 2.0.8
Python version:
python
Python 2.7.5 (default, Jun 17 2014, 18:11:42)

Now the problem:

We are working here to integrate PostgreSQL with Neo4j through
PL/Python
using the py2neo module for it, and when we want to send sentences to
Neo4j using port 7474, the executed code raises a SocketError
[Errno 13]
Permission denied.

Well first in the code below, if I am following correctly, the socket
is 37474.
Yes, Adrian. Sorry for that, the correct port is 7474. I just was
testing with higher ports to
see if the error persisted.

I tested the same code in a normal python script outside of
PostgreSQL,
and it works well, but the problem is when I use the code inside
PostgreSQL with PL/Python.

Second the plpythonu code is running as the postgres user, so does
that user have permissions on the socket.
Did you mean the socket created by Neo4j's server right?
For that reason, I created a group in the system for this named
supervisor, where neo4j/postgres users are members.
So, if I find the socket file for Neo4j-server, changing permissions
could solve the problem. Right?

Not sure, but a quick search found that py2neo uses the neo4j REST API
and that API has authorization parameters:

http://neo4j.com/docs/stable/security-server.html

Have you gone through the above?
Yes, Adrian. py2neo installs a tool called neoauth, which can be used to
create users with their respective passwords.
For that reason, I use this way to create the graph:

graph = Graph("http://neo4j:neo4j@10.8.45.136:7474/db/data")
using the user neo4j and its pass neo4j

Not sure if it applies but see here:

http://neo4j.com/docs/stable/rest-api-security.html
"When Neo4j is first installed you can authenticate with the default user neo4j and the default password neo4j. However, the default password must be changed (see the section called “User status and password changing”) before access to resources will be permitted. ..."
Yes, I changed the password.
It seems that the problem was with SELinux.
I disabled it for a moment to make a simple test y everything worked.
But, like Tom said, I don´t want SELinux disabled in my systems, so I will find out the
security label who is blocking this in CentOS, and enable it again.
When I find it, I will send the solution to the list.
Best wishes and thanks again for your time.

--
Marcos Ortiz, Sr. Product Manager (Data Infrastructure) at UCI
@marcosluis2186