Re: Trying to solve a SocketError [Errno 13] Permission with PL/Python in PostgreSQL 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Trying to solve a SocketError [Errno 13] Permission with PL/Python in PostgreSQL 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/23/2015 04:16 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:

> On 23/05/15 19:09, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Yes, Adrian. Sorry for that, the correct port is 7474. I just was
>>> testing with higher ports to
>>> see if the error persisted.

>>> Did you mean the socket created by Neo4j's server right?
>>> For that reason, I created a group in the system for this named
>>> supervisor, where neo4j/postgres users are members.
>>> So, if I find the socket file for Neo4j-server, changing permissions
>>> could solve the problem. Right?
>>
>> Not sure, but a quick search found that py2neo uses the neo4j REST API
>> and that API has authorization parameters:
>>
>> http://neo4j.com/docs/stable/security-server.html
>>
>> Have you gone through the above?
> Yes, Adrian. py2neo installs a tool called neoauth, which can be used to
> create users with their respective passwords.
> For that reason, I use this way to create the graph:
>
> graph = Graph("http://neo4j:neo4j@10.8.45.136:7474/db/data")
> using the user neo4j and its pass neo4j

 From a quick look at the neo4j security docs, it seems the server by
default only accepts connections from localhost. So where is the neo4j
server in relation to the Postgres server and the stand alone Python
script that runs?

adrian.klaver@aklaver.com