Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/13/2015 11:06 AM, Daniel Begin wrote:
> I am then currently running pg_dumpall on the database. I will restore the cluster on the new drive once completed.
However,there is still something obscure in the process. The doc says "pg_dumpall requires all needed tablespace
directoriesto exist before the restore". External tablespaces directories are easy to create but what's about
pg_defaultand pg_global  tablespace since I never created specific tablespaces for them?

those are created when you initdb the target cluster prior to restoring
the pg_dumpall output.