Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/05/2015 13:38, Daniel Begin wrote:
> I just get it back running with the old drive - was some Windows hidden
> behavior!
>
> However, does someone could tell me what went wrong with the procedure I
> used to move the DB?
> And/or what procedure I should have used in order to get it right?

I've never done it myself, but I understand that one way to do it is
with tablespaces:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

As I understand it, you create a new tablespace on the new disk, then
move your database objects to it.

How that plays with Windows, I've no idea.... I'd guess that changing
the drive letter might well cause Bad Things to happen.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie