Re: noobie join question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Clark
Subject Re: noobie join question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/11/2015 07:16 AM, Oliver Elphick wrote:
On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 06:46 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
Hi List,
I am having trouble trying to figure out
how to get the result listed at the bottom.

I have 3 tables units, types of units which has a description of the units,
and a table that list associations of the units. I can't figure out
how to do the proper joins. Any pointers would be appreciated.
SELECT  us.udevice, ts.descr, ud.udevice, td.descr FROM  assoc AS a       LEFT JOIN units AS us          ON a.src_id = us.uid       LEFT JOIN types AS ts          ON us.utype = ts.id       LEFT JOIN units AS ud          ON a.dest_id = ud.uid       LEFT JOIN types AS td          ON ud.utype = td.id;

Thanks Oliver - that worked perfectly.

--
Stephen Clark
NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.