Re: need a hand with my backup strategy please... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Echlin, Jamie (KFIA 611)
Subject Re: need a hand with my backup strategy please...
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for your answer Laurenz.

I was planning to rely on the disk backup (of the base backup) if I wanted to restore to a version before the last on
diskbase backup. But your point about redundancy is good... I think I will keep two base backups, and do a base backup
everyday. Over the network this takes 5-10 mins or so, so not a big deal.

I'll retain wals for 48 hours. Having to go to a PIT before the last hour or so would be a major undertaking anyway.

Cheers, jamie