Re: detached query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Clarke
Subject Re: detached query?
Date
List pgsql-general
We do this

nohup psql -U (username) -W -f (sqlquery script) (database)  &&

on our linux boxes all the time to run a long query or sequence of them. If its a scheduled job it just goes into cron and you don't need the "nohup" or trailing "&&". Let me know if you'd like me to break all that apart for you.

Tim Clarke