Re: Standby problem after restore_command Implementation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Standby problem after restore_command Implementation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/05/2015 11:21 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> Have you allowed access to user "replication" in the master pg_hba.conf
> and done a
> SELECT pg_reload_conf()?
>
> Can you ping the master from the standby?
>
> Did you RTFM?
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/warm-standby.html
>
> 25.2.3 Preparing the Master for Standby Servers
> 25.2.4 Setting Up a Standby Server

See the OPs original post:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5546C3DC.5070808@openmailbox.org

The OP had streaming only replication working, so the basics are there.
The wheels fell off when WAL archiving was introduced. Best guess is
this is a timing issue, the relevant WALs got recycled while archiving
was being set up and the standby was down.

> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Edson F. Lidorio <edson@openmailbox.org
> <mailto:edson@openmailbox.org>> wrote:
>
>     __
>
>     Em 2015-05-05 14:31, Adrian Klaver escreveu:

>>>     Increased thewal_keep_segments=100andkeeps popping upthe same
>>>     message:
>>     The message did not come through. Also increasing wal_keep_segments only works for the future, it will not deal
witha WAL file that has already been recycled before the setting was changed.
>>>     A question thatI have! astheslave servercan seethis folderin
>>>     themaster? /mnt/server/archivedir/
>>     So have you tried logging into the standby and then accessing the directory on the master manually. In other
wordscopy a file from the master to standby using cp from the standby command line.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com