Re: Upgraded from 7.4 to 8.1.4 QUERIES NOW SLOW!!! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From db@zigo.dhs.org
Subject Re: Upgraded from 7.4 to 8.1.4 QUERIES NOW SLOW!!!
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Old servers that housed 7.4 performed better than 8.1.4 version...are
> there any MAJOR performance hits with this version???
>
> I set the postgresql.conf setting to equal that of 7.4 and queries still
> run
> SLOW on 8.1.4...

We need to find a specific query that is slow now that was fast before,
and see the EXPLAIN ANALYZE of that query.

If you have the old server still around then showing the EXPLAIN ANALYZE
of the same query on that server would be a lot of help.

/Dennis