Re: su not working with psql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From The PandaWare Company
Subject Re: su not working with psql
Date
Re: su not working with psql  (Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca>)
List pgsql-novice
On Aug 18, 2009, at 2:57 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I just thought of another theory, though --- maybe you have a
> ~/.pgpass
> file that's selecting userid david?  Unless "su" is behaving
> differently
> than it seems to here, that would be in postgres' home directory not
> david's, but you might have copied david's file ...

Using the "locate" command in Terminal, the only one I see is in
david's home directory. It has an entry for a remote server, in
connection with a project I worked on briefly some months ago.