Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/15/2015 08:31 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> On 4/14/15 8:32 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
>> Oh dear.  It appears the buildfarm client code needs to be updated to
>> support this.  How do we do this?   (I guess the critters that are still
>> green are not running this test.)
> Argh..
>
> Looking at the buildfarm client code
> (https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code) we are going to need to
> make the logic of TestUpgrade.pm aware that pg_upgrade is now in
> src/bin and not in contrib. A simple idea would be to use a Find to
> guess where pg_upgrade oath is located and then use the path found
> instead of hardcoding contrib/.

I'm testing a fix. I just happened to check the status this morning. It
would have been nice to have had a heads up. The Find idea is cute, I
might have used it if I hadn't already coded a fix.

cheers

andrew