Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Or were you talking about a server-side env variable?

> fwiw, we've already got that one...

We do?  (... examines code ...)  By golly, you're right.

OK, I agree with Peter: this is enough to save the day for a dbadmin
who really really doesn't want to switch to default ISO datestyle,
so I withdraw my complaint.

I do, however, suggest that the backend env var needs to be documented
more prominently than it is now.  One might also ask why its set of
allowed values is inconsistent with the SET command's (probably
postgres.c ought to just call a routine in variable.c, rather than
having its own parsing code)?