Re: Future directions for inheritance-hierarchy statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Future directions for inheritance-hierarchy statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/18/15 8:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> In
> fact, EnterpriseDB has run into a number of customer situations where
> planning time even for non-inheritance queries is substantially higher
> than, shall we say, a competing commercial product.

If it's the commercial product I'm thinking of, they use multiple levels
of caching to avoid both parse costs as well as plan costs. It's always
impressed me that we didn't have to resort to such shenanigans, but
perhaps there's only so long we can avoid them.