Re: Odbc through vpn - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Odbc through vpn
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 03/20/2015 09:35 AM, Enrico wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:57:19 -0700
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>

>> So what happens if you use the previous version of ODBC?
>
> I've tried with the 8.01 version that works fine with postgresql 8.1 but with postgresql 9.4.1
> I had the same result.
>>

>>> For example:
>>> I have a table with 5000 records,
>>>
>>> if i I write select * from table limit 100, the response time is ok
>>> about 1 sec,
>>> If I write select * from table limit 500 the response time grows to 6-7
>>> minutes
>>
>> Is the above run through ODBC or through another client, say psql?
>>
>> What application are you using with ODBC to submit queries and get the
>> results back?
>
> It's an application written on VB, it's not mine.

The fact that the ODBC driver works fine on the LAN seems to rule out
the driver in and of itself being the problem. It seems to be down to
some remote network interaction.

Could you try running queries against the server from the vpn clients
and not use ODBC to see if that if we can narrow the issue down?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com