Re: Sequences not created, bug in pg_dump? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Sequences not created, bug in pg_dump?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/19/2015 10:02 AM, "Leonardo M. Ramé" wrote:

> El 19/03/15 a las 13:09, Adrian Klaver escibió:
>> On 03/19/2015 08:43 AM, "Leonardo M. Ramé" wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm creating a database dump excluding one table and found only the
>>> sequences created implicitly (using serial type) are created when I
>>> restore the dump.
>>>
>>> The command I use is: pg_dump -T table_to_be_excluded mydb
>>>
>>> I understand all related objects to the table to be excluded are not
>>> dumpled, but why I don't get any CREATE SEQUENCE command in my dump?.
>>>

>> What version of Postgres?
>>
>> If I follow you have CREATEd sequence(s) using CREATE SEQUENCE and they
>> do not show up in the dump file?
>>
>> It works for me here on 9.3.
>>

> Yes that's the problem. The dump is performed using 9.3.5 on windows.

I can not replicate:

aklaver@test=> create sequence test_seq;

aklaver@test=> \d
                    List of relations
  Schema |          Name           |   Type   |  Owner
--------+-------------------------+----------+----------
  public | CamelCap_Quoted         | table    | aklaver
  public | app_sessions            | table    | aklaver
  public | app_users               | table    | aklaver
  public | app_users_vw            | view     | aklaver
  public | app_val_session_vw      | view     | aklaver
  public | camelcap_not_quoted     | table    | aklaver
  public | float_test              | table    | postgres
  public | ins_test                | table    | aklaver
  public | mytable_is_not_readonly | table    | aklaver
  public | mytable_is_readonly     | table    | aklaver
  public | on_duty                 | table    | aklaver
  public | on_duty_id_seq          | sequence | aklaver
  public | seq_counter             | table    | aklaver
  public | t                       | table    | postgres
  public | t_id_seq                | sequence | postgres
  public | tasks                   | table    | aklaver
  public | tasks2                  | table    | aklaver
  public | tasks_task_id_seq       | sequence | aklaver
  public | tbl_test                | table    | aklaver
  public | test_seq                | sequence | aklaver

/usr/local/pgsql93/bin/pg_dump -T app_sessions -U postgres -p 5452 test
 > test_txt.sql

In test_txt.sql:

--
-- Name: test_seq; Type: SEQUENCE; Schema: public; Owner: aklaver
--

CREATE SEQUENCE test_seq
     START WITH 1

Do you see any warnings/errors when you run the dump?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com